McLennan Community College Science Building
Project Name: McLennan Community College Science Building
Project Location: 1400 College Drive, Waco, TX 76708
Project Description: The largest building on the MCC Campus, this three story Science Building includes the biology, chemistry, geology/environmental science, medical laboratory technology and physics departments.
Project Size (Gross Square Feet) and Type:
102,000 Square Feet
Owner: McLennan Community College
Architect: RBDR, LLC. – Grant Dudley
MEP Engineer: Estes McClure & Associates – Frank Godsey
General Contractor: Harrison, Walker, Harper – Joe Stone
Occupancy Date: 2013
USGBC LEED® Certification Date and Level of Certification: Gold
Description of Project Services Provided:
AIR Engineering and Testing was contracted and completed:
- Test, Adjust and Balance in accordance with the Associated Air Balance Council procedures: Fan Test and Balance, Air Handling Unit Test and Balance, Fan Coil Units, Variable Air Volume Devices, Hot Water Pump, and Chilled Water Pump.
Facility Performance Associates was contracted and completed:
- Commissioning of Systems: all HVAC & R, lighting controls, building automation systems, kitchen exhaust systems, and Fire Protection
- Air Quality Testing Before Occupancy
- Execution of Various LEED Miscellaneous Credits: IAQ Plan for construction, Measurement and Verification & Green Housekeeping Plan
- Creation of the commissioning plan, re-commissioning plan, systems manuals and checklists.
- Direct General Contractor on creation and execution of the Owner’s Training Plan