Dallas Northwest Service Center
Project Name: Dallas N.W. Service Center
Project Location: 9809 HARRY HINES BLVD, Dallas, Texas
Project Description: The new maintenance and operations facility that services the fleet—the Northwest Service Center—is designed to meet city-mandated “green” requirements.
Project Size (Gross Square Feet) and Type:
92,271 sq ft.
Owner: City of Dallas
Architect: VAI Architects
MEP Engineer: Huitt- Zollar, Inc.
General Contractor: R.M.F Contractors
Certification Occupancy Date: 2007
USGBC LEED® Certification Date and Level of Certification: Gold
Description of Project Services Provided:
Facility Performance Associates was contracted and completed the Commissioning process in accordance with USGBC, Associated Air Balance Council, and ASHRAE procedures:
- Commissioned systems included air handling units, variable air volume devices, fan coil units, supply and exhaust systems, kitchen exhaust systems, domestic hot water, solar water heating system, lighting controls, and building automation systems.
- Direct General Contractor on Commissioning Scope, Training Plan and Execution
- LEED® Consulting and support of Measurement & Verification Plan
Indoor Air Quality Testing in accordance with USGBC NCv2.2 and US Environmental Protection Agency “Compendium of Methods for the Determination of Air Pollutants in Indoor Air”
- LEED® Online Upload for Fundamental and Enhanced Commissioning, IAQ Testing
- Creation of the schedules of maintenance requirements & frequency
- Creation of the schedule for re-testing commissioned systems with blank test forms from the original commissioning plan.
- Creation of the schedule for calibrating sensors & actuators.