Gerald J. Kettler
President | Principal – in – Charge
Lead Energy Engineer - LEED Administrator
President | Principal – in – Charge
As Managing Principal and Owner of Facility Performance Associates, LLC, Mr. Kettler commits the firm’s resources after considering each project’s unique requirements, timelines and budget. Mr. Kettler has led AET/FPA since 1986. Mr. Kettler has over 48 years of management and professional level experience in the design, construction, testing, commissioning, certification, and operation of physical facilities. Management functions include: project management, planning, training, sales and marketing, development consultant, division manager, associate, managing principle, and president. Design areas include: electrical, fire protection, industrial, mechanical, plumbing. security/controls, value, environmental, and transportation and logistics. Construction and operations include cost estimating, scheduling, contract negotiation, operations and maintenance instruction, owner’s representative, field observation/quality control, test and balance of HVAC systems, building commissioning. and construction management. Mr. Kettler has worked for a variety of architectural, engineering consulting, construction, testing and management companies. This has given him wide experience in the design, construction, testing, commissioning and operation of facilities.
- Licensed Professional Engineer since 1969 in Texas and is licensed in 8 other states
- ASHRAE American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers:
- Past Dallas Chapter President, winner of ASHRAE Standards Achievement Award
- Member of the following ASHRAE National Committees:
- SSPC 300, Commissioning, Past Chair
- STD 202, The Commissioning Process for Buildings and Systems, Past Chair
- Std. 111: Test and Balance National Standard, Past Secretary
- Guideline 0 and 1: Commissioning Guideline/Standard, Sub-Committee Chair
- Technical Committee.7.7: Test and Balance, Past Chair
- Technical Committee.7.9: Commissioning, Past Chair
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers
- Building Commissioning Association, multiple committee member, Benner Award Recipient
- Construction Specifications Institute
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers, state Board of Dir., Chair PEC and PEI
- United States Green Building Council, LEED AP BD&C, LEED Fellow, WELL AP, Sites AP
- Certified in Commissioning by ASHRAE, BCA, ACG and NEBB, Certified in Test & Balance by AABC and NEBB. Served on the BCA and ASHRAE commissioning certification committees.
- Certified Specification Professional by CSI
- Certified IAQ Manager and Registered Environmental Manager by National Registry of Environmental Professionals
- Certified Filter Specialist by NAFA
- Texas Mechanical Contractors License, (1985) (AIR Engineering and Testing)
- BS Mechanical Engineering – Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Masters Business Administration – University of Missouri at Kansas City
Lead Energy Engineer – LEED Administrator
Tracie Bishop is a Mechanical Engineer with fifteen years HVAC design experience for new construction and renovations. Her project involvement ranges from planning and design through the completion of construction, observing and coordinating the implementation of the design documents. Bishop’s engineering background includes analysis and design of mechanical systems for healthcare and medical facilities, commercial office buildings, corporate headquarters, tenant interior design, and other special building types. She has produced Technical Assistance Reports with programs involving detailed, on-site energy analysis of utility consumption, equipment efficiency, building thermal envelope operation and maintenance evaluations, and recommendations, and financial analysis of energy conservation opportunities. The programs are developed in conjunction with management and the operational and maintenance staff to achieve optimal operating efficiency. The program focuses on identifying inefficient equipment and systems which offer opportunities for significant energy savings through replacement, modification, or upgrade.
Bishop has seven years of sustainable design and consulting experience, which includes codes research, technical reports, and building evaluations. She gained federal grant experience while working as a Project Manager with the State of Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, applying for and monitoring federal grants with an emphasis on energy conservation. She is an expert in sustainability and has been a LEED AP since 2006. She is passionate about broader sustainability topics and their impacts on the public and private sectors while offering a diverse skill set and knowledge base. She has extensive project experience on Green Buildings (design, technical). Bishop’s experience with a variety of project types and relationships with industry professionals allow her to be in front of the latest technological advances in sustainability. She gained extensive project experience as the Fort Bliss/WSMR LEED Program Manager, providing oversight and direction for LEED – related activities on Fort Bliss and White Sands Missile Range for two years, and provided coordination between contractors, USACE and installation for LEED items. She joined Facility Performance Associates in August of 2012. She is a registered professional engineer and Certified Building Commissioning Professional as well as LEED Accredited Professional.
Sustainability Manager, LEED Administrator
Christina joined Facility Performance Associates in 2015 as a Sustainability Coordinator and is currently working as the Sustainability Manager. She works directly with our clients to curate a custom service package built to suit the building performance goals set by project stakeholders and local ordinances.
Christina specializes in LEED building certification and primarily serves clients as the LEED administrator to assist project teams with managing the certification process from concept through construction. This includes assisting project teams with implementing design strategies and construction best practices to achieve the desired certification level. With considerable knowledge on building materials, she often also acts an extension to the construction team by assisting with submittal reviews and tracking construction credit documentation. A few projects which Christina served as a key team member on can be seen below:
Project Pedregal – DFW Airport, TX
- LEED BD+C: WDC v4 Silver Certified Warehouse-Distribution Center (1,533,320 SF)
- LEED Administration, Contractor Assistance
Toyota North American Headquarters Specialty Complex – Plano, TX
- LEED NC v2009 Platinum Certified Mixed-Use Office Building (457,637 SF)
- Contractor Assistance
TD Ameritrade – Southlake, TX
- LEED NC v2009 Gold Certified Office Building (329,101 SF)
- LEED Administration
Love Field Airport Administration Building A – Dallas, TX
- LEED NC v2009 Silver Certified Office Building (25,047 SF)
- LEED Administration, Contractor Assistance
Christina strives to assist clients with all facets of third-party rating system certifications and local ordinance compliance. She has notable experience preparing project teams for and conducting indoor air quality assessment and understands the procedures and performance metrics of IAQ testing required by green building rating systems such as LEED and WELL and by local ordinances such as the City of Dallas Green Building Program. She is familiar with the Chapter 61 and LEED compliance paths of the Dallas Green Building Program and coordinates International Energy Conservation Code compliance efforts.
Christina earned a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering with an emphasis on sustainability from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She took courses focusing on design approaches that minimize impacts on the environment, human health, and social conditions. Christina is currently a certified LEED Green Associate and enjoys being a member of U.S. Green Building Council North Texas Chapter in order to become more involved with their mission to promote sustainability and improve the quality of life for all Texans.
Mr. Albert has had the responsibility of being the team lead for the energy modeling and energy code inspection. He has extensive experience in modeling projects utilizing the building envelope and energy use systems data to deliver informative reports to the project team to assist them in making critical design decisions for a higher performing building. Mr. Albert ensures that our energy modeling output complies with national industry, AHRAE and LEED® standards. Mr. Albert has completed over 30 energy models ranging from 30,000 SF to over 1 million SF which have been approved by the USGBC.
Education: BS Mechanical Engineering University of Texas at Arlington
We’re committed to providing quality solutions for your facilities. Get in touch with our team for more information